profile for Gajendra D Ambi on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, June 6, 2013

(solved) microsoft office installer and Error Code 1303. Set up cannot access the Folder

Scenario: I recently had to uninstall office 2013 because it use to start configure word or outlook whenever I start word or outlook. After hours of wasting time (well it's a Microsoft product, so ....) I uninstalled it and started installing office 2010 which i had earlier but it started giving me errors
After again wasting hours on this in my office the following worked for me.
right click on the following folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
On the Properties window, select the Security tab
select SYSTEM
click edit
give full permissions and click ok, click ok.
The installation should proceed perfectly.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment